Saturday 30 January 2010

Funny Old Week

So my first week back at work has also seen a bit of a sudden stop in my training already. Not because I haven't had the time but because last Sunday evening I stupidly injured my shoulder playing on the Wii. After a couple of hours of what seemed like innocuous fun playing basketball and sword fighting I awoke on Monday morning to a killer sore shoulder and the result was an inability really do anything.

Thankfully though that has cleared up and it seems somewhat fortuitously as my turbo trainer also arrived yesterday. I can now get on and exercise and train without the worry of the weather stopping me from getting on the bike. Once I get it set up later today you can expect some photos in the very near future.

As already mentioned on twitter this morning the fundraising total has reached £45. While this has been a good start in the first month I realise I’ll have to nag and promote a little bit more to try and increase that figure, so if anyone would like to give, even if it’s only a £1 it would be much appreciated and you can do so here - Donations Page

I’ve also been talking with @getwokingham through twitter and they have mentioned a possibility of doing an article on my London to Windsor ride for the local paper. So I’ll be sure to keep you updated with any further developments on that front as they happen.

Finally I'd like to say thank you to the following Twitter users for the Retweets of my fundraising page. All of your help is much appreciated:

@BillyGottaJob
@TeamSky
@TweeetStreet
@thebhf
@giraffetweet
@LondonIrishNews
@getwokingham

Also a big thanks to those who have retweeted the link once it had been retweeted by the above. All of your help is much appreciated and hopefully come the 5th September I will have at least hit my target of £400.

No comments:

Post a Comment