Saturday 23 January 2010

Shocking Discovery

Right so now that the snow has gone and I can get back out on my Bike I decided, by way of using the Wii Fit, that it was time to have my training weigh in. Now before Christmas I was sitting at just over the 16 stone mark and thought I might have increased a little but wasn't expecting anything drastic in terms of weight gain.

On went the Wii and fired up through to the weigh in section and to my shock and horror I stepped on and off the board to find that I've gained almost a stone since the start of December. That means at the start of my training my official weight is 17 stone 1 pound. To say I was shocked by this is an understatement. I don't really feel like I'd over indulged too much over the last few months but it would seem this constant state of unemployment has really taken its toll.

Of course while initially it was a shock it has also come as a bit of a jolt and the encouragement and enthusiasm is once again back to start getting that weight off.

A big help is going to be my return to work on Monday, even though it is for an initial 2 weeks it will get me out of the house and stop the bored snacking between meals.

From now on there will be a weekly weight update just to let you all know what is going on and what training I have managed to fit into the previous week.

One last plea is to ask you all to spread the word to anyone you can. I need to start pushing the fundraising element of this challenge and anything you or anyone you can point in this direction can donate will be of great help and will be very gratefully received.

Current Weight - 17st 1lb

No comments:

Post a Comment