Wednesday 6 January 2010

It's Official

So it is now official and I've paid my £17 to register for the London to Windsor ride. It means that I now have 242 days until the start of the ride in association with the British Heart Foundation.

I shall be receiving my official event participant number in March so will let you know what it's going to be as soon as I get it. For now though it seems an ideal opportunity to show off the gear I've got at my disposal for this event and the others planned within my earlier Blog post.

Firstly there is my bike, obtained for the princely sum of £600 a couple of years ago from Pedal On cycles in Tadley.



Then we have my Helmet also purchased from the same shop in Tadley



Still to come of course is my training gear but that is going to be ordered from eBay very shortly and as Team Sky haven't got the official kit out as yet I will probably be opting for HTC Columbia kit for my training and event riding too no doubt.

The eagle eyed amongst you will have noticed the addition of the fundraising Widget at the side of the page. For this event I've set myself a rather modest £200 target for the Heart foundation and hope I'll be able to raise that before next year’s events which require a far greater level of sponsorship. If anyone would like to make a donation then you can either use the Widget on the left here or visit my Just giving page on this link - http://bit.ly/8FCmuE.

Any donations will be gratefully received. Any support you can give would be fantastic and if you can spread the word about my blog and efforts a little further then I will be even more grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment